You can expect a mimimum of 15hours battery life out of the Adam tablet could get upto 20 hours with the user-replaceable battery nestled in its frame.
The Adam will launch with 6 variants : LCD (wi-fi only), LCD + 3G -900 series, LCD + 3G -850 series, Transflective (Wi-Fi only), Transflective + 3G -900 series, Transflective + 3G -850 series.
The LCD Wi-Fi version will start at $375.33 and 3G version at $425.33. Transflective version (Pixel Qi) will start at $499.45 for Wi-Fi only and 3G variants at $549.99 (2 variants in 3G, 900 series and 850 series).
The Adam comes with:
- OpenGL works better on NVidia’s Tegra than on anything else in this space – because of their expertise on graphics, their implementation on the built-in GPU of the Tegra 250 SoC is exhaustive and highly accelerated. OpenSL support is something which will come as an update soon
- SIP/VOIP. Implementations of SIP and VOIP already exist.
- Multi-touch keyboard. Adam comes 2 special keyboard designs, both of which are multi-touch enabled. Quick access keys, all keys can have 2 functions
- Better Copy, cut and paste. Now, this already existed since long in the Office environment, and the native implementation is also there.
- Android 2.3 comes with Kernel version 2.6.35. The latest which NVidia Tegra works with is 2.6.36! http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=kernel/tegra.git;a=summary
- Honeycomb: In layman’s term “Support of Views within views”. The Panel system allows for 100s of panel instances, which are views within views .
Browser works beautifully and incorporates an application that arranges anything you copy or crop.
Mail’d works in sync with your calendar, with full HTML rendering, attachments and optional sender mail recall.
The weather app uses, spatial entities provided by Yahoo! GeoPlanet are referenced by a 32-bit identifier: the Where On Earth ID (WOEID). WOEIDs are unique and non-repetitive, and are assigned to all entities within the system. A WOEID, once assigned, is never changed or recycled.
Adam comes with an Open Source implementation which converts it into a digitizer. You don’t even need wires. You can use your Adam as a BIG touch screen for all your PCs, so you can draw, paint, sketch, click, select and do all you want!
Adam doesn’t come with NFC sensor. You will have to wait for the next generation. Eve will have NFC!
Adam will have 6 variants. The default Adam comes in Matte Black Color with white strip, but this strip is replaceable. Starting Mid-Jan Adam will start shipping different colored strips and you can customize according to your own preference!
DHL, is the international shipping partner of choice. You will be able to use their tracking system without error for tracking your shipments!
System on Chip
Power & Battery